Join the Chamber Team as our Visitor Information Center & Volunteer Coordinator!
Job Title: Visitors Information Center & Volunteer Coordinator (Full-Time 40 Hour Week with medical benefits)
Reports to Executive Director
Summary of Position:
This position is the front-line line in creating a positive first impression for visitors to Jefferson County in our Visitors Information Center located in Port Townsend, WA.
Compensation/Benefits: $32,000-$37,000 DOE 10 paid vacation days per year, 0.25 hours of sick pay accrued for each hour worked per year per Washington State law. Medical benefit package available after 60 days details available at interview.
· Learn/Utilize Volunteer Management technology to schedule volunteers in our 7-day cycle Visitors Info Center.
· Supervise, schedule, recruit, train, retain & reward volunteers
· Train volunteers to provide excellent customer service and ensure staff is prepared to answer visitor’s questions.
· Maintain reader board program
· Advocate benefits of Chamber membership
· Ensure maintenance of Visitors Information Center including interactive displays
· Represent the Visitor Information Center through participation in professional associations/meetings as assigned.
· Complete monthly reports and additional reports as assigned
· Assist in all event coordination and Ambassador coordination in conjunction with Membership & Events
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director
Note: These position responsibilities and duties identified above are representational and may change as determined by Executive Director to meet the organizational needs of the Chamber/Visitor Information Center.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
· Social media skills
· Ability to learn new software and systems as necessary
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· Previous experience in volunteer management and event facilitation
· Good researching abilities
· Ability to represent organization in key meetings as needed
· Self-initiated to carry out meaningful tasks without consistent direction given
To apply: Please email cover letter & resume to Chamber Executive Director Arlene.email@example.com. No calls or walk-ins, please.