Join the Jefferson County Chamber Team as our Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (35 hr, $16-$18 DOE -Full-time/benefit potential 2019)
Reports to Executive Director
Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant position’s primary responsibilities are to support the work of the Chamber & EDC (Economic Development Council as well as to provide support to the Marketing & Promotion Manager as directed by ED).
The will be the first point of contact for members and guests seeking services of the Business Resource Center and will answer phones and walk-ins’ questions, provide initial information and direct them to the appropriate Chamber/EDC resource.
· Will provide general administrative support
· Will respond to email, phone and mail inquiries for information
· Maintain attractive physical space for Business Resource Center
· Proactive calendar coordination
· Advocate benefits of Chamber membership
· Self-initiated to identify and carry out meaningful tasks without constant supervision
· Attention to key Community & Chamber Initiatives
· Proactive Support to two Boards of Directors
· Prepare and distribute information to members
· Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls in a support role
· Coordinate Chamber Ambassador program & Communications with Exec Director
· Manage Newsletters
· Meeting facilitation and note-taking
· Ability to represent Chamber/EDC in the absence of Executive Director(s)
Note: These position responsibilities and duties identified above are representational and may change as determined by Executive Director to meet the organizational needs of the Chamber/Visitor Information Center.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Proactive research skills
· Internet & Social media skills
· Exceptional Phone skills
· Sincere interest in Business & Economic Development
To apply: Please email cover letter & resume to Chamber Executive Director Arlene.email@example.com. No calls or walk-ins, please.